Monday 3 May 2010

How car boot sales have defied the recession?

During the recent bank holiday weekend, myself and my girlfriend went to car boot sales nr Winchester. Although it meant getting up at the crack of dawn, I have to say that it was well worth it. But it made me wonder, how have car boot sales done so well?

In total we made close to £70, which for 4 hours work seemed pretty good. Its amazing what people will people, you don’t find a use for it I am sure another person will, from keyboards to mice to books and clothes we sold quite a bit of stuff.

Car boot sales then, are great for getting rid of stuff you don't need anymore. Pay your fee (£6) which conicendently goes to charity, so your doing your bit for charity, and off you start selling, there isn't a limit on the number things you sell. People bartter with you over prices £1,£1.50,£2.00 it is all money, trying to get the best value for money. I didn't realise how many people still go to car boot sales for things like clothes, books, stationary, and other household items. I now know wonder why most of the high street stalls are standing empty, I now know it's because business, companies and people are finding new and different channels to buy and sell there goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment